Bellwood is located in the old farmhouse and barn of what was once a large dairy farm in Franklin Park, PA. The lovely rural setting insulates children from the bustle of traffic, while remaining convenient for parents.
To provide each child with the opportunity to become problem-solving, empowered, compassionate individuals who share a deep respect for their global village.
Bellwood is a discovery-oriented school that provides an environment filled with rich experiences to help foster self-esteem, creativity, and growth for children ages two to five.
What Makes Bellwood Unique?
- Outstanding 6:1 ratio of kids to teachers.
- Freedom to pursue individual tastes; each child progresses at his or her own pace.
- Beautiful outdoor setting for the children to explore.
- Transitional Kindergarten Program.
- Profiles of child's development prepared for parents.
- Lunch Bunch and extended care sessions available.
- Special student performances: Halloween Parade, Holiday Musical, and Spring Art Show.
- In-school guest visitors: Mother Goose, Zoo on the Move, Carnegie Science Center, Pittsburgh Symphony, and Gym Bus.
- A variety of animals reside at the school to help teach responsibility and care of living things.
Since 1965, Bellwood Preschool has operated on the grounds of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills. As a community service of the church, Bellwood is a non-profit 501(c)3 and has been independently operated without religious influence since its inception.